Advanced Engine Research
- As part of our research with high speed propulsion, a novel airbreathing rocket inlet called the exchange inlet has been developed. Highly motivated student applications interested in the design and analysis of this advanced engine concept will be accepted until September, 2018.
Quad-rotor Control Research
- As part of our atmospheric flight research, an in house quad-rotor has been designed and constructed to develop control algorithms for use in turbulent environments. A Masters or Doctoral level student is sought to continue development of robust control techniques and implement novel autonomous localization techniques Applications will be accepted until September, 2018.
High Speed Plasma Research
- There are several open positions on numerical simulation of plasma flows and their application to airbreathing engines. Applications will be accepted until September, 2018.
The successful applicants will have as many of the following qualifications as possible:
- Background in Fluid Dynamics and/or Numerical Simulation and/or Control Theory
- Minimum grade of A- or higher